If you are considering our invitation to host an hour a week for the Global Family Prayer Room. You have landed in the right place!
What is the Commitment?
We are asking for prayer leaders to make a weekly commitment to the same 1 hour each week for the year 2021.
Prayer leaders will:
- Bring together a group to pray online in our shared Zoom Prayer Room during that hour (E.g. 6pm every Friday)
- Have 2 or 3 prayer leaders within your team who can lead (so that everyone can miss a week now and then)
- Provide a “Zoom Host” who we will train to manage the technology associated with the call.
- Arrive in the Zoom Room at least 5 minutes before your weekly prayer time to facilitate a smooth transition from hour to hour.
- Provide leadership during your prayer hour and stay in communication with the Global Family prayer room team throughout 2021.
How Do I apply to be a Weekly Prayer Leader?
Step 1: Find an open slot in the Weekly Prayer Schedule. You can view the Weekly Prayer Schedule here. Keep in mind these times are in Jerusalem time (UTC+2), and you’ll need to convert to your local time zone.
Step 2: Fill out the online sign up form here.
Step 3: Maja and Melody will be back in touch with you to confirm your time and/or to ask you more questions.
More Details on Prayer Leading
- This is a weekly commitment for the year 2021 (1 hour/week for 52 weeks).
- We keep the master time schedule on Jerusalem time. Time changes are inherently confusing, so be sure to adjust, check, and double-check to translate to your local time.
- Breaks in the Normal Schedule: We will have two special seasons from May 13-23 and September 6-16 where the normal schedule will be interrupted for “10 Days”. Prayer will be happening in an intensified way during those times and your normal prayer leadership times will not occur as normal.
- In terms of a prayer focus for your hour, we will provide resources for effective, Biblical prayer for you. Major themes include praying for the lost and unreached, the unity of the Church, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, repentance, Israel and the Jewish people, and the preparation of the Bride for the Lord’s return. You are also welcome to lead your hour according to how the Lord leads and gifts you (e.g. an hour focused on aspects of the Church's mission and/or the challenges faced by believers around the world), however, it is important that these hours be focused on prayer (not talking, teaching, etc).
Other Important Guidelines:
- Prayer Hours can be led in any language.
- Prayer leaders can take on up to four hours/week.
- We are aiming for a strong balance of participation around the globe and will have coordinators for all 6 continents. · We will have a weekly “Church Service” each Friday from 4pm-6pm Jerusalem time with an hour of prayer “all together”, weekly announcements, and a speaker during the second hour.
- Leaders are welcome to incorporate as much worship music and singing as they want within the confines of the Zoom software.
- We will ask all prayer leaders and their Zoom hosts to participate in at least one training session prior to the launch.